The 5th Annual ACDC Ride to raise funds for Associated Charities of Lenawee County is only three weeks away. Have you registered yet? Registration and sponsorship forms are available under the “ACDC Ride” tab on this website. You can also check out the routes.
Three years ago, this ride was on the verge of falling apart. Last year, we had a total of 43 riders (12 on the Kiwanis Trail, 21 on the 50K route, and 10 on the 100K route). The event raised over $2000 for the Charities. We’re making terrific progress, but I know we can do better.
Associated Charities does remarkable work for those in need in our community. What stands out to me most is the sense of dignity they help to provide and to nurture in their clients. The Charities is celebrating their centennial anniversary this year. Come out and celebrate with them.
The ACDC Ride is a great event. Highlights include…
- Family-friendly 7- and 14-mile routes on the Kiwanis Trail
- 50K and 100K routes in scenic Lenawee County, MI, that will be as challenging (or not) as you want them to be
- SAG support
- Rest stops with water and snacks about every 12 miles, two of which have bona fide bathrooms, so you don’t have to go wandering into the corn rows when nature calls
- RoadID coupons for everyone and gift certificates for a few lucky folks
- a 20% same-day discount for all riders at Adrian Locksmith & Cyclery, our friendly local bike shop
- a classy event t-shirt
- post-ride music with Jeff D. spinning the hot wax
- a lip-smacking yummy lunch
- great folks all around
What are you waiting for? Grab some friends and family, check the air in your tires, and finish your season in style.