The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- @emuehlbe fantastic, though I still have much further to go than I'd like. The 200k is a week from tomorrow. Game on. 1 day ago
- Well hello there! Welcome back cycle-chic tan lines. It is so nice to see you again. 1 day ago
- 23 miles into a 50mi ride on a sun-soaked 70-degree enjoying an ice-cold Coke in the sleepy little town of Deerfield, @PureMichigan. #bliss 1 day ago
- @CarolynWirtz627 hear hear. 2 days ago
- Two deeply good things, nay three: bike rides in the middle of the workday, the plush feel of an old steal frame, & the smell of rain. 2 days ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...