The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- So, my buddy & I are embarking on a 100k at 8p. There's something very wrong about that, isn't there? Yes, I'm sure there is. #randonneuring 16 minutes ago
- @noteon God, how I wish I knew. Promise to share the secret once you discover it, alright? Please? 19 minutes ago
- Mad climbing skills. #strikeapose instagram.com/p/3BrTzHAlIH/ 1 day ago
- Wow. Pity we need to remind local candidates not to make a photo-op out of Memorial Day parades. Classy. twitter.com/lendem1/status… 1 day ago
- #tenure #celebration. #Oban 14 on the left, and #Delwhinnie 15 on the right. Spectacular scotches. We… instagram.com/p/3Afo-CglJT/ 1 day ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...