The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- I bought this 1974 #fujibikes Special Tourer from the local Salvation Army and fixed it up in… instagram.com/p/BJpo2FUAmDF/ 5 hours ago
- It was a quiet day at the shop yesterday. I guess the rain kept most folks indoors. We didn't… instagram.com/p/BJpnzWEgJVZ/ 5 hours ago
- It's like magic, turning a twelve-dollar find into an invaluable and inexhaustible source of… instagram.com/p/BJWB9XWg_RN/ 1 week ago
- These buggers are fast becoming the bane of my existence. (Or so I say, but who doesn't love… instagram.com/p/BJWBoXfA1o_/ 1 week ago
- The #bicyclecoop was busy today, which is always a good thing, yeah? #communitybikeshop… instagram.com/p/BJOedVHACip/ 1 week ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...