The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- Because #bicycles are wicked cool. Period. #outsideisfree #rideyourbike #bikelife @ Falling… instagram.com/p/BL6n2BCgC9u/ 3 days ago
- I could watch this for hours and hours. #cyclelikeagirl #ridelikeagirl #bikelife #rideyourbike… instagram.com/p/BL6ntUtgnPD/ 3 days ago
- Soaked up some warm autumn rays with my youngest this afternoon. Wish it had never ended.… instagram.com/p/BL6niukgOrZ/ 3 days ago
- Way to go, Richie! Enjoy your new #bicycle! You earned it, and it looks right good on ya'.… instagram.com/p/BL4VxsLg8pa/ 4 days ago
- Richie wrenching on a #bicycle he's spent three shifts earning, building first a bike for the… instagram.com/p/BL4VjVbg9Qa/ 4 days ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...