The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- #hella yeah! #onthesurface #walkoffame #sidewalkart #nameinlights #whatsinaname #groundcontrol @… instagram.com/p/BE1D8RLglBA/ 2 days ago
- #Saturday #morning #ramble with schwinnftw. #onemoreride #outsideisfree instagram.com/p/BE1DR25glPg/ 2 days ago
- Sometimes I do #academic things. Visit… instagram.com/p/BEtwTZNAlNt/ 5 days ago
- #home is where you hang your helmet, repack your hubs, and true your wheels. #shoptalk.… instagram.com/p/BEq10S_glC6/ 6 days ago
- A fresh batch of #goodreads from my #publiclibrary "Free Books" cart and the Friends of the… instagram.com/p/BEpE_dhglKq/ 1 week ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...