The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- @vdbogdanov @Historicalmages hear hear, my friend. Hear hear. 1 day ago
- Ha! Here ya go @acoumoundouros "@Sarcasticluther: washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-f… The cult of CrossFit..." 3 days ago
- For you @vdbogdanov "@Historicalmages: Erika (15), Hungarian freedom fighter, Budapest, October 1956. http://t.co/PFDjsMXUBS” 3 days ago
- @yikes_bikes sweet! I'll look forward to meeting you, and hopefully to riding together as well. 1 week ago
- Hey hey @vdbogdanov! Good to see you again. I look forward to staying in touch. I just need to stay on top of my Twitter feed! 1 week ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...