I met Tuesday evening with Associated Charities board members to further discuss the third annual Associated Charities Donate and Cycle (ACDC) Ride. This is shaping up to a be a fantastic event. Please mark your calendars now. It’s not too early to begin promoting the ride. We have an opportunity to develop this into a premiere cycling event for Lenawee County. And what could better for our cycling community than a local event supporting a local charity that serves local needs?
My personal goal is to see 150 riders participate in this event. I hope you’ll help me get there.
Here are the relevant details thus far:
- DATE: The ride will be Saturday, September 11, at Trestle Park.
- TIME: The registration and start time for cyclists doing the longest route will be between 7a and 8a. Starts for riders doing any of the three remaining routes will be staggered from there. The goal is to have all riders arriving back at Trestle Park between 11a and noon.
- ROUTE: There will be four routes: 7, 14, 25, and 50 miles. All will depart from Trestle Park on the bike path. The 7- and 14-mile routes will be family-friendly options limited entirely to the bike path. The 25- and 50-mile routes will leave the bike path at the intersection of Green and Ives and continue along country roads before returning to Trestle Park. Look for an opportunity to vote on the longer routes in the near future. There will be a hospitality table with refreshments at registration, four rest stops along the way, and a SAG vehicle monitoring the two longer routes.
- FEE: Pre-registration for riders 12 and over will be $25 ($30 day of event). Families will be able to register together at a discount ($60 in advance; $70 day of event).
Highlights of the event include:
- Bicycle education and advocacy courtesy of the League of Michigan Bicyclists
- Free tire inflation and seat adjustments courtesy of Adrian Locksmith & Cyclery
- Adrian Fire Department, bicycle safety and skills test for young riders (pending)
- Event sponsorship by RoadID
- Hot dogs and ice cream
- Live music in the park provided by The Lazy River Band
We are looking for additional event sponsors. If you own or manage a local business, or are a representative of a local entity, and would like to see the name of your company or organization on the back of the event t-shirt and on other promotional materials, please let us know. Event sponsorship is only $75. In-kind sponsorships are also welcome.
We also need volunteers. If you’re unable to ride, why not offer to help with registration, the hospitality table, one of the water stops, or with some other aspect of the event? It’s a fantastic way to be part of the fun and to support a good cause.