I promise more details with pictures to come in the future, but just wanted to write a quick post to let you know the first leg of my partial commute was a success! I woke up this morning at 4:50, geared up, arrived at the mall at 5:30, geared some more, arrived at work at 5:55, showered up, then brewed a fresh cup of coffee (French Press style). I feel absolutely great! However, the trip didn’t go completely without a couple of hitches. I forgot my water bottle in the car, got bike grease on my work pants while walking it to my desk and my computer didn’t register any of my miles. As an aside, that last point is a huge disappointment as I’d secretly (although not so much so now I suppose) decided to challenge my brother’s goal of biking 3,500 miles in 2010. Ironic, don’t you think, that he was one who handed the computer down to me in the first place? Sure, it could’ve been a problem with my installation of it, but I cry foul play! Scribe: “So you want to take on my miles goal for the year, eh, little brother? Well, heck, don’t bother going out and getting a brand new computer, I’ve got one you can use …”
- My eldest daughter designed and hand-stitched her first patch, and then gave it to me as a gift.… instagram.com/p/BMzsMxwA7yR/ 9 months ago
- Hella yeah! It's ALWAYS sunny in ... @bikepgh! Thanks for the rad stickers, friends. You rock.… instagram.com/p/BMzdXHIgHhL/ 9 months ago
- #madanthony #cyclocross #bicyclerace #cx #bikerace #ridelikeagirl #racelikeagirl #womenscycling… instagram.com/p/BMxEu9WAREx/ 9 months ago
- Mr. @bikelawmichigan getting it done on the wall at today's #madanthony #cyclocross… instagram.com/p/BMxEgUdgFZU/ 9 months ago
- @fotoman311 feeling the pain atop the wall at today's #madanthony #cyclocross #bicyclerace. @… instagram.com/p/BMxEP9EgeT8/ 9 months ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...