This one goes out to the young lady I saw riding west on Maumee, on a sweet red bicycle, at about noon on Thursday, with a young boy in tow, enjoying the view from the pull-behind trailer. Cheers to all the mums and dads, older siblings, nannies, and caregivers going by bike with their broods. Ride on! If you happen upon this post, be sure to say hello.
- My eldest daughter designed and hand-stitched her first patch, and then gave it to me as a gift.… instagram.com/p/BMzsMxwA7yR/ 9 months ago
- Hella yeah! It's ALWAYS sunny in ... @bikepgh! Thanks for the rad stickers, friends. You rock.… instagram.com/p/BMzdXHIgHhL/ 9 months ago
- #madanthony #cyclocross #bicyclerace #cx #bikerace #ridelikeagirl #racelikeagirl #womenscycling… instagram.com/p/BMxEu9WAREx/ 9 months ago
- Mr. @bikelawmichigan getting it done on the wall at today's #madanthony #cyclocross… instagram.com/p/BMxEgUdgFZU/ 9 months ago
- @fotoman311 feeling the pain atop the wall at today's #madanthony #cyclocross #bicyclerace. @… instagram.com/p/BMxEP9EgeT8/ 9 months ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...