Here’s an update on the 2008 Adrian Spokesman Phishing Scandal. It turns out that, in an amateurish and shameless effort to promote my humble blog, I included the URL in an email query to someone selling a bike on eBay. Low and behold, the seller happened to be the owner of the bike shop that had once linked to my blog. Shortly after my query was sent, he received an auto-generated email from eBay warning him that my message may be fraudulent and an attempt to phish for personal information. Of course, it was nothing of the sort. Furthermore, my eBay account and this blog have nothing to do with each other, save for the fact that I happen to be the human being behind both, and I regularly troll for bike stuff on eBay. The point is: this site is not a front for phishing. It’s just an ordinary (and perhaps uninteresting and certainly little-read) blog by an ordinary guy who doesn’t even know much about such things, but who has really gotten into bicycling of late. Please continue to visit and to read and to participate. I’ll be much obliged, and I’ll do my best to make it worth your while.
- My eldest daughter designed and hand-stitched her first patch, and then gave it to me as a gift.… instagram.com/p/BMzsMxwA7yR/ 7 months ago
- Hella yeah! It's ALWAYS sunny in ... @bikepgh! Thanks for the rad stickers, friends. You rock.… instagram.com/p/BMzdXHIgHhL/ 7 months ago
- #madanthony #cyclocross #bicyclerace #cx #bikerace #ridelikeagirl #racelikeagirl #womenscycling… instagram.com/p/BMxEu9WAREx/ 7 months ago
- Mr. @bikelawmichigan getting it done on the wall at today's #madanthony #cyclocross… instagram.com/p/BMxEgUdgFZU/ 7 months ago
- @fotoman311 feeling the pain atop the wall at today's #madanthony #cyclocross #bicyclerace. @… instagram.com/p/BMxEP9EgeT8/ 7 months ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...