The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- @emmichaelaa @sarah_kathrynn very, very proud indeed! I cannot wait to see what great words and ideas will blossom in due course. 6 hours ago
- That moment when you finish a #writing project...FINALLY. By which I mean that moment of utter unfamiliarity. Yeah, it's about time. 18 hours ago
- RT @Historicalmages: WW1 German Bicycle Infantry on the Western Front, 1914. http://t.co/p18KmmLyVZ 3 days ago
- RT @philosophy_muse: I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. Douglas Adams 5 days ago
- Whoa! Crimey! “@History_Pics: A man browsing for books in Cincinnati's cavernous old main library. http://t.co/avL4x7TR7Q” 5 days ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...