The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- Congrats to Dennis and @DowntownAdrian's Re-Bicycle Lenawee: lenconnect.com/article/201411…. Rock on. 1 week ago
- @DylanDunn42, @EmilyToupalik, & @emmichaelaa: ch. 16 is only two weeks away. This will soon prove useful: academia.edu/9031811/Princi… 3 weeks ago
- Hey @EmilyToupalik & @emmichaelaa, thought this might interest you: academia.edu/3701051/_Fair_… 3 weeks ago
- @emmichaelaa @sarah_kathrynn very, very proud indeed! I cannot wait to see what great words and ideas will blossom in due course. 3 weeks ago
- That moment when you finish a #writing project...FINALLY. By which I mean that moment of utter unfamiliarity. Yeah, it's about time. 3 weeks ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...