The Centre is running a half-marathon on Saturday, September 15, starting at 8a. They are in need of cyclists to lead and pace the runners.
- Students’ and faculty members’ activism brings Fair Trade products to @AdrianCollege adriantoday.com/2014/10/18/stu… via @AdrToday 1 day ago
- BIG WIN FOR MI BICYCLISTS! Driver's Ed Improvement Bill (Nathan's Law) Signed into Law! icont.ac/2BJZJ Nice work, @MIBicyclists 5 days ago
- @MichaelJAltman @serial Why thank you! (But I won't say on behalf of whom). 1 week ago
- @KatecBowler @edwardjblum but of course! Perfect. I dare say it's a match made in heaven (or at least in committee). 1 week ago
- @meelazecevic ah, that moment when we realize our academic heroes are not all we imagined. #cattax 1 week ago
My CommuteWant a taste of what it's like to see our fair city from the perspective of a bicycle? Click here to watch my commute. (My former commute, that is. Now I ride from Raisin Township.) I can assure you it isn't nearly as bumpy as the camera makes it seem!
Reasons I Ride a BikeMy daughters | It's fun & I enjoy it deeply | For my health | The sense of simplicity | It's relatively inexpensive | The sense of self-reliance & independence | I see it as an act of public responsibility | The sense of being in or part of my environment | To be part of a community | Why not? | For a hobby (for lack of a better word), i.e., to have something other than work to do, think, & talk about | It clears my head in a way very few things do | It's capable of slowing the world down & teaching patience | When commuting, it's quicker than a car more often than not & you get better parking spaces | I've never been a car guy | To be outside | The view | What Would Lance Do? | It's fashionable (sometimes) | It's unfashionable (sometimes) | So I can order anything from the menu | For those who cannot & their supporters | The easy exchange of pleasantries with others while en route
look for more to come...